1.2.3: Bug fixes, tweaks, additions
1.2.3 focused on bug fixes, small tweaks/enhancements, a few additions and then some improvements to existing features to Sunshine Photo Cart.
When you choose the Default Sunshine Theme, we make it really easy to edit various colors and fonts in the admin without any CSS knowledge. We have also now added a new design customization option that allows completely custom CSS via the WordPress administration area available when using both the Default Sunshine Theme and your own custom WordPress theme.
As a developer, it’s nice to have complete control of CSS to really customize the look and feel of your photo cart. However, we now let developers go one step further by allowing complete template file overrides. Simply copy a template file from Sunshine over to your own theme and then make any changes you want. This feature was actually available in beta versions but removed during a large code overhaul before our 1.0 release. But it’s back and here to stay.
Along with some bug fixes, we have added some additional new analytic tracking and data. We will be writing what we think is an excellent article related to analytics and price levels which will take advantage of these new widgets. You can now see what your most popular galleries are based on sales data, which of all your images made you the most money, and also which images were the most purchased within an individual gallery.
While these are the highlights of this release, it’s not everything it includes. Here is the full changelog:
* Add – Ability to override entire Sunshine template file by including own file in site theme’s directory (i.e., yourtheme/sunshine/gallery.php)
* Fix – More license activation fixing, kept trying to activate license after it was already activated and causing license to become deactivated
* Add – Custom CSS field in Theme settings tab
* Add – Remove unnecessary columns for Price Levels edit screen
* Add – Additional data in the galleries list for # of images and expiration date
* Add – Analytics addon now tracks totals for image purchases
* Add – Analytics addon now tracks totals for galleries including cost of images sold in the gallery and total sales of images in gallery
* Add – Analytics addon new dashboard widget: Most popular gallery based on sales
* Add – Analytics addon new dashboard widget: Most popular images based on sales
* Add – Analytics addon now displays most purchased images when editing a gallery in admin
* Fix – When viewing gallery list in admin, “View” button had wrong URL
* Tweak – Reorganized design options in admin settings
* Tweak – Updated WordPress Theme CSS so it does not require body_class to be used
* Add – Disable right click and now also dragging/dropping to desktop
* Tweak – Analytics widget for latest logins only displays “Subscribers” (so ignoring admin logins)
* Tweak – Gallery/Image view counts no longer track admin views
* Tweak – Gallery Latest Visitors no longer shows admin views
* Fix – Gallery Latest Visitors displaying properly from most recent to oldest
* Fix – Price/total formatting issues for Stripe
* Fix – Sales Total analytics widget wasn’t working for older orders before Price Levels addon
* Fix – Viewing gallery with required password does not increase view count
* Tweak – Display total number of favorites user has selected in profile edit screen