1.5.2: Gallery Password Box
Sunshine Photo Cart 1.5.2 is now available with a new Gallery Password Box feature.
Traditionally with WordPress, you have to visit a page/post (or in our case a gallery) and then see the password prompt. We created the Gallery Password Box widget to let you put a simple form either inside your own WordPress theme or inside a Sunshine theme. Users simply need to enter a password to any gallery and, if valid, will be taken directly to the gallery and through the password requirement to see the photos.
We’ve also made some various bug updates and improvements.
.JPG now allowed
Previously if you uploaded .JPG images via FTP and had a picky server that saw “image.JPG” as different from “image.jpg” (notice the all caps for the file extension), you would see broken thumbnail images. We have updated Sunshine to handle those that upload .JPG files.
More theme integration options
When Sunshine uses your WordPress theme, it simply calls your header/footer.php files. However, some themes put important code in other template files that is needed for Sunshine to truly match your theme. As a result, some Sunshine Photo Cart users didn’t have perfect theme integration.
There are now two new fields in the Design Settings which allow some HTML code to be output before and after Sunshine does it’s thing.
Your theme not integrating perfect and you don’t quite understand all this? That’s fine – submit a priority support request and we’ll take a look and help you get it fully integrated.
* Add – Gallery Password Box – a new widget and option in themes to include a form where a user enters just a password and if a gallery matches then automatically be taken to said gallery.
* Fix – Gallery/image stats not always being collected
* Fix – Digital downloads was showing wrong number of files in each folder
* Fix – Image processor handles filename.JPG (all caps file extensions) better
* Fix – User registration was not sending Sunshine’s welcome email
* Add – sunshine_post_header / sunshine_pre_footer actions available for those using their own theme allowing for some extra HTML code to be injected making theme integration easier.
* Fix – is_sunshine function was too far reaching, returned true too often