1.8.0 is another new feature release that includes a new messaging feature, tiered pricing, enhanced options for packages, image commenting, and an alternate method for your server to deliver digital downloads
Our new messaging feature allows you to create template emails which you can re-use to send to your clients. The main reason for this is to make inviting users to view their gallery once it is ready much easier. You define an email subject and message template, select the user (or enter any email address) and off you go. No more custom writing the same “Hey, your gallery is ready” email every single time! Oh, you can also use it to send a basic email (just another way of sending an email instead of using your email program) or inviting a user to register for your site.
Many of our users want to give their clients a discount when they order a lot of the same product. Now you can with tiered pricing. For example, give your users a $5 discount on 8x10s when they order 10 or more. Give them $10 discount when they order 20 or more. You can set unlimited quantity levels and any discount you want.
A La Carte Discounts with Package
We have added a new option for discounts, a la carte discount. This new feature lets you set a percent discount on all other items in the user’s cart when they add a package to cart. For example, if your user adds your “Simply Sweet” package, you can offer then 10% (or any percentage you want) off any other products they add to their cart as an incentive to buy beyond just the package.
Gallery Downloads Available in Packages
You can now make the download of all digital negatives for a gallery as part of a package. Simple.
Alternative Download Method
Some of our users were running into issues where their client could not download a really large file. This was the result of some limitations on their server. So we came up with a slightly different way to let you have those files delivered. It’s not guaranteed to work on your server, but it’s another possibility to make it work.
Some of our users work in a commercial setting and are using Sunshine to get feedback from their clients on images. We previously had removed commenting on images so we simply made it an option now. On a per-gallery basis, you can allow your users to make comments on the images.
Here is the full changelog for this release:
= 1.8.0 =
* Add – Messaging addon. Ability to send template emails to already registered or new users to invite them to a gallery or to register
* Add – Tiered pricing / automatic discounts – Give amount per item discount when user purchases x amount of the same product
* Add – Option for a la carte % discount when package is added to cart
* Add – Entire gallery downloads can now be included in packages
* Add – Option for alternative digital download method as some servers had issues with default method
* Add – Option to enable commenting on images in a gallery
* Fix – Downloading all images from order not working for older galleries (pre 1.6.9)
* Fix – Order email would always have same image/product for last two line items
* Fix – Favorites notify email now uses display_name since some users have not yet set their first/last name yet
* Fix – Images uploaded to Media Gallery are not having various sizes created
* Fix – Adding same item to cart did not update total line item price
* Change – Default theme is now your WordPress theme during plugin activation
* Change – Ability to dismiss the user registration enabled nag notice in admin