Originally we were going to create multiple templates/themes for Sunshine to choose from that you could then customize with fonts, colors and background images. Well it appears beta testers really wanted it to easily integrate into their own site design – and that makes total sense. After our largest update to Sunshine Photo Cart thus far, it will now default to using your site’s header and footer which means it will integrate into your site without any work or even settings to configure.
The biggest difference is now each area of Sunshine is it’s own page: Gallery list, cart, checkout, favorites. In the Sunshine Settings area, there is a section called Pages where you can then select which page each section will automatically appear on.
We have been working with the default Twenty Twelve WordPress theme as our basis for making Sunshine integrated into a theme. Every theme is different and it may take some additional tweaking over time to guarantee Sunshine works in almost all of them without any extra work (I think it will be impossible to be 100% on this).
Sunshine even sets up a custom sidebar (see right side of screenshot above) where you can place any WordPress widgets you want. Over time, we will be developing some widgets specifically for Sunshine to give you more control over what users see.
I think this is going to be one of the most important features Sunshine has to offer and one of the biggest benefits to photographers trying to maintain consistent branding without much work.
Full change log:
- Add – Blog header/footer by default
- Delete – Template settings tab (no longer necessary)
- Add – Option to disable purchasing on a per gallery basis
- Add – Discount option to set max number a product can be discounted (clients can only get 50% off 1 canvas, not 10)
- Fix – Images in gallery were backwards
- Fix – Allow order of categories on add to cart form
- Fix – Sort products by price in add to cart form (low to high)
- Fix – Don’t show digital download products if a download folder has not yet been setup
- Fix – Email updated during checkout and account update
This is now available as of 0.8.0 which can be updated via automatic updates in your WordPress administration area.