1.5.5 was made available for release a couple days ago. It was late when I finished it and made it available so I went to bed right after. Then a busy day yesterday and today. So finally I am getting around to announcing this release almost 2 days later.
Per Product Shipping Costs
A new feature added in this release is the ability to add extra shipping costs for products. This is useful when you have heavy or really large items where you might be losing money with Flat Rate shipping.
This feature increases the user’s shipping cost if they have a product in their cart with an extra shipping fees. It is completely seamless to the user – they don’t see any “extra” shipping charges added, they simply see the revised Flat Rate shipping fee.
Example: You have a Flat Rate shipping fee of $10. You made your 30×40 canvas have an extra $5 shipping fee. The user will simply see Flat Rate shipping at a cost of $15.
Note that this only affects the Flat Rate shipping module. No need to increase the cost for Local Delivery or Pickup.
* Fix – Profit totals not accurate when users had a discount code or used credits
* Fix – When updating line item qty on cart page, line item total not updating
* Add – Discounts has new option – apply before/after tax
* Fix – Only include Stripe JS on checkout page
* Fix – Only include Favorites JS on Sunshine pages
* Fix – Favorites page wasn’t using Lightbox when enabled
* Fix – Fail login, click register, successful register didn’t redirect back
* Fix – Admin bar is shown for admin users only
* Add – Extra shipping costs per product (for heavy items), applied only to Flat Rate shipping method