We are very excited about this release as it provides significant improvements for users integrating Sunshine into their own theme. It also provides frequently requested features around digital downloads most notably the ability to sell an entire session's digital files for a single fee.
In previous versions of Sunshine, we would take your header and footer template files and put Sunshine in between - like a sandwich. But this caused all kinds of issues because not every theme is built the exact same way and some themes included essential coding and styling in other template files.
Now, Sunshine let's your theme do all the heavy lifting by generating the entire page layout and simply adding itself to the content area. This will make Sunshine's theme integration work for just about everyone without any extra effort.
Fixing Folder Names
Our #1 support issue is users having images duplicated or not imported when creating the gallery. The cause of this is using special characters in folder or file names you have uploaded. Now, Sunshine detects if the folder has any special characters and renames it for you before processing the images thus eliminating this problem all together.
I think we are most excited about this feature as it should eliminate about 1/3 of our support requests.
Free Digital Negatives
Sunshine now allows you to offer the digital negatives for a session for free. Many of our users have told us they include the digital negatives as part of their session fee and needed an easier way to let clients have access to those files.
Digital Negatives of Entire Session
Along with the free download of a gallery's digital negatives, you can also make it available as a separate product for users to buy. This product is by far the most frequently purchased item from our own clients and now they can make the purchase themselves straight from Sunshine.
These updates took a lot of core code changes. This is by far the biggest update we have released for Sunshine yet. But we don't think it will be the biggest ever as we still have many more huge plans for Sunshine some in the relatively near future.
Here is the full changelog from this release to see all the updates:
* Fix - Complete redo of theme integration, now replacing via the_content filters
* Add - Ability to tax shipping costs
* Add - Option for when Sunshine Main Menu widget is visible - On Sunshine pages or all pages
* Add - Detect folder names with special characters and rename before image processing
* Change - Moved "Shipping same as billing" under Shipping Info header
* Add - Users can download all digital download items from order in a single click (zip file is created, then deleted)
* Add - Free downloads, entire gallery or individual images. Settings on a per-gallery basis.
* Fix - Dashboard last login users had wrong dates, duplicate users
* Add - Digital download products are hidden when currently viewed image does not have high resolution file
* Fix - URL to registration page when WP is installed in sub-folder
* Add - Gallery expiration notice appears for galleries with expiration dates
* Add - Ability to sell the digital negatives of an entire gallery
* Fix - Packages with digital download items not showing download link
* Fix - Allow more than one coupon code to be used on an order
* Fix - Order comments from clients being sent to client instead of site admin
* Fix - Order detail in admin not showing item price, only item total
* Add - Themes using wp_title will get better <title> tag content
* Fix - Remaining items in package on cart page was wrong
* Add - Image name next to image in cart, order and receipt emails