1.6.5 Released – Enhancements galore!
Sunshine Photo Cart 1.6.5 is now available for automatic update. This release does not contain any major new features, but instead a plethora of enhancements our users have been requesting.
So here are the highlights:
See pricing without being logged in
This was by far the most requested feature. Previously Sunshine required a user to be logged in (thus requiring a user to register first if they didn’t already have an account) before they could see the Add to Cart functionality with products and prices. Now, users do not need to have an account to see the products/pricing and can add them to cart. Once they get to the Checkout page, they are asked to create an account before continuing to checkout (so no guest checkout yet).
We were surprised by how many people were using Sunshine solely as a proofing system and did not want any cart functionality. While very much possible in the past, there is now a new option to enable Proofing Only which will adjust everything about Sunshine to hide all aspects of the cart features of Sunshine. Basically all that is left is viewing galleries and (logged in users) adding images to favorites.
When Proofing Only is enabled, we also adjust the layout of the individual image page to not have an empty space where the Add to Cart functionality usually is. Instead, the layout expands the current image to use up that space.
There is now a new field to allow you to upload a Print Release document. This file will automatically be appended to any digital download that occurs. Users download an entire gallery, they get all the images and your print release document all zipped up. Download a single image, users get a zip file of the single image and the print release document.
Media Gallery Management
This is a two prong change for Sunshine. First, there is a new option which you can enable to have Sunshine delete all the attachments/images associated with a Sunshine gallery when it is permanently deleted (images remain when gallery is just moved to trash).
Secondly, some users had thousands of images uploaded to their Sunshine galleries. As a result, the Media Library was loaded with all those images and making it quite overwhelming in these cases. Sunshine now filters out all the images from the Media Library (in both the main Media Library area as well as the popup when editing a page/post). Of course, when viewing the Media popup for a Sunshine gallery, you can still see all the images uploaded to it.
Here is the full changelog:
* Add – Allow users to see products/pricing and add items to cart without registering or being logged in
* Fix – Bulk add products weren’t visible until you resaved each manually
* Change – Redo how content is replaced to display current gallery/image to work with WP 3.8 and ProPhoto themes
* Fix – Remove some more PHP warning messages in specific instances
* Fix – If products disabled, don’t show packages options or any purchase icons
* Add – Proofing only option, disables any cart functionality throughout Sunshine
* Add – sunshine_classes function for theme usage to make unique cases easier to style
* Add – If products disabled or cart disabled in any way, handle layout of image detail page better so no empty space
* Add – Remove main site’s theme JS files from queue when using a Sunshine theme
* Fix – Custom CSS styling in 2013 theme
* Fix – Use WordPress date_format where needed
* Add – German translation
* Fix – Make pages/content on install/upgrade translatable
* Fix – Image download links not working in 3.8.1
* Fix – PHP error when adding order comment from admin
* Fix – Gallery download link visible when gallery is expired
* Add – Hide “Add New” link for orders in admin – can’t manually add orders
* Add – Hide permalink for discounts in admin, can’t view a discount page anyway
* Fix – Showing no shipping options when only digital products are in cart
* Add – Print release document can be added to all digital downloads
* Fix – When multiple of same package in cart, updating/deleting doesn’t update/delete all of the packages
* Add – “Remove” link added for each item in cart
* Change – Redo how images are imported from FTP folder. Large size and thumbnails are put into normal wp-uploads folder, originals stay in FTP created folder.
* Add – Option to delete all images attached to a gallery when gallery is permanently deleted
* Add – Hide attachments for Sunshine galleries throughout WordPress admin except when editing a Sunshine gallery