We finally caved, you can now setup an automatic watermark feature for your photo cart galleries in Sunshine
For a long while we resisted adding a watermarking feature to Sunshine. We believe clients should be shown the highest quality images when making the decision to buy. When you let a web server add a watermark, the web server is saving the image and results in colors being severely distorted. It's one of the main reasons we created Sunshine as we wanted a proofing and photo cart system that didn't mess up our images.
However, it's a feature that enough people have requested or decided not to buy Sunshine because it was missing. While we felt creating a Photoshop action to add watermarks and getting proper colors was more important, it appears not everyone agrees. So now you can make that choice for yourself. Learn more on how to add watermark images to galleries in Sunshine Photo Cart.
Also included in this release is a nifty little feature which allows clients to notify you when they have selected their favorite images. A single click by your client and you get an email with a link to view the client's favorites in your WordPress administration area.
As usual, lots of other things were updated in this release and here is the full changelog:
= 1.7.0 =
* Add - Automatic watermark images
* Add - Users can now submit their favorites, site admin receives email notifying of submission with link to see all favorites
* Add - Ability to order galleries by custom order, date (old to new, new to old) or alphabetical
* Add - Add cart quantity whenever the cart page name when shown (in WordPress menus, etc). ie, "Cart (4)" instead of just "Cart"
* Add - New filters added for login/registration URLs
* Add - Finnish translation
* Change - Redirect URLs no longer use primary domain as this caused security issues on some servers
* Change - Make sunshine-product custom post type not public
* Change - When the same file name is uploaded twice it results in new file name that doesn't match high res file name and digital download doesn't work. Now storing download file name in post meta.
* Change - Make Before/After HTML settings when using WordPress theme WYSIWYG instead of textarea
* Change - When package is completed, it can no longer be selected from dropdown (visible, but made disabled) to prevent confusion display options to users
* Fix - Wrong thumbnail size being used in themes
* Fix - Before/After content in ProPhoto themes was showing on all pages, not just Sunshine pages
* Fix - Bug with hiding admin bar for non-admins
* Fix - If shipping method enabled, but no price entered - defaults to $0
* Fix - When adding item to cart and it already exists in cart, increase quantity instead of adding new line item
* Fix - Registration error when nothing in cart and errors turned on high
* Fix - Update cart when using WordPress theme wasn't working
* Update - All languages updated