Sunshine 2.4 is now available
June 6, 2016
Sunshine 2.4 is now available for automatic update. This release addresses general image security but more focused using the Digital Downloads add-on.
This is a big update in terms of structure. As such, there is a very important upgrade process which needs to be run, you will be notified of how to do so in the admin area.
So what has changed?
Images no longer in “wp-content” folder
To help address image security issues, it was decided that everything uploaded to Sunshine galleries needed to be in it’s own folder, away from standard files and images uploaded into the default “wp-content/uploads” folder. By putting Sunshine images into their own folder, better security rules could be put in place which can protect Sunshine related images but not affect your other uploads which was happening for some users.
Whenever you upload an image to a Sunshine gallery, it is now placed in the “wp-content/uploads/sunshine/[unique-gallery-id]” folder. So every gallery has it’s own folder now.
With the Digital Downloads add-on, an .htaccess file is placed in “wp-content/sunshine” which prevents any attempt to directly access your full sized uploads.
- Better placement of the Phone number field on Checkout
- Set a PayPal Page Style
- The Quick Edit screen for Products now lets you define Sunshine options (my personal favorite update this release)
- Filter Products by Price Level in the admin (if you have the Price Levels add-on)
Discounts Add-on Updated
Along with the 2.4 release, the Discounts add-ons has been updated as well. Discounts can now be applied automatically so users do not even need to enter a coupon code. Want to do an easy 30% off sale for everyone? Now you can!
Also discount codes can be assigned to work only for specific galleries. This allows you to further ensure a client only uses a discount code for their own images or for those using Sunshine for stock imagery you can put only a specific gallery on sale.
= 2.4 =
* Change – All images moved back to their own “sunshine” folder in wp-content to prevent conflicts with other Media Library files
* Change – New placement for phone number field on checkout
* Change – Pushed back how many days until prompted for survey/review
* Add – Option for PayPal page style
* Add – New notice to remind people to ask for help instead of just assuming something is broken
* Add – Pinterest nopin meta tag when sharing disabled
* Add – Quick edit for products
* Add – Filter products by Price Level in admin
* Fix – If Favorites disabled, was still showing some references to it in places
* Fix – On Checkout/Account, changing country and available state selection was not working
* Fix – When user deletes something from cart, delete selected shipping option forcing them to reselect
* Fix – Issue with certain European date format and setting end date for gallery
* Fix – If Pickup shipping method selected, billing fields not being checked/confirmed they were filled in
* Update – Newest version of FontAwesome
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.